kids, what's your favorite bedtime story?

Your sleepyheads weigh in on what they want (besides another glass of water) at tuck-in time.

a:

The Harry Potter series [by J. K. Rowling]. My mom read every book aloud to me and my sister. Even when we were old enough to read by ourselves, we made a deal that no one could read the books without the other two people being there. Sometimes we would read for hours, way past my bedtime!

AIDAN, AGE 9

Berkeley, California

The Poky Little Puppy [by Janette Sebring Lowrey]. It reminds me of when I was born and I was so slow that my mom had to carry me everywhere, just like the puppy in the story. He was always behind.

JADEN, AGE 10

Brooklyn, New York

Snappy Little Colors [by Kate Lee], because Mommy lets me put my hand in the shark's mouth and it gets me!

ADDIE, AGE 2

Houston, Texas

We love the stories our mother tells about her childhood and how she wandered in the woods with her best friends and spent time on her granny and pawpaw's farm in Texas.

JOEY, JAMIE, JULIETTE, AND JONATHAN, AGES 12, 9, 7 AND 5

Leawood, Kansas

We like Silly Sally [by Audrey Wood], because she walks upside down.

ELLE AND BROOKS, AGES 6 AND 3

Winter Garden, Florida

Green Eggs and Ham, by Dr. Seuss, because it's just funny. Sam I Am's friend makes me laugh because of his crazy face!

CONOR, AGE 4

Dulles, Virginia

The Bible. It makes me learn to be a better boy.

HARRISON, AGE 6

Atlanta, Georgia

I love the Elephant and Piggie books [by Mo Willems]. Mom and Dad take turns doing the voices of Elephant and Piggie.

MILES, AGE 3

Berkeley, California

Night of the Ninjas [by Mary Pope Osborne], because there is a mouse I like named Peanut.

MADELINE, AGE 4

Seattle, Washington

Diary of a Wimpy Kid [by Jeff Kinney], because it has the word jerk in it and I'm not allowed to say that.

ETHAN, AGE 7

New York, New York

The Giving Tree [by Shel Silverstein], because you still have lots to give when you get old.

JILLIAN, AGE 6

Atlanta, Georgia

Pinkalicious [by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann]. I love it because it's so funny. She eats so many cupcakes that she turns pink. Plus, I love pink.

SARAH, AGE 7

Wilmette, Illinois

Cinderella, because I always wanted to be a princess when I was little. Now that I am older, I just want to be myself.

AYANNAH, AGE 10

Brooklyn, New York

How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? [by Jane Yolen], because I like to think about spaghetti before I go to bed.

WINSTON, AGE 3

West Orange, New Jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment