REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 10 -- The city of Redwood City issued the following news release:

The City of Redwood City is seeking applicants for appointment to two available seats on its boards, commissions, and committees: one seat is for the Senior Affairs Commission, and the other is for the Housing and Human Concerns Committee. Both appointments are to fill unexpired terms which will expire on May 31, 2012. The deadline to submit an application for either seat is 5 pm, Friday, June 26, 2009.

This is a wonderful opportunity for interested City residents to become directly involved in participating in City government and serving the community. Members of the community are invited to bring their interest, experience, and enthusiasm and apply for appointment to one of these boards.

These appointed bodies are an important and valued part of our City government, where public involvement is actively encouraged and supported. Members of these boards, commissions, and committees represent Redwood City's diverse community and bring new ideas to the City Council and staff, helping them to make the best, most informed decisions possible for the benefit of everyone living and working in Redwood City. Applications are available by calling the City Clerk's office at 650-780-7220, on the City's website at (click on "Hot Topics" and select "Apply for a City Board"), or by visiting the City Clerk's office at City Hall, 1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City. General requirements are that applicants have an interest in civic and community improvement, are a resident of incorporated Redwood City, and are eligible to vote.

Visit Redwood City's award-winning website at for information about the City and its services, the community, recreation programs, education, City government, and local business. Subscribe to Redwood City's newsletters or other City documents at more information please contact: Sarabjit Jagirdar, Email:-

No comments:

Post a Comment